About Me

My photo
I am a work in progress. Always trying to improve my inner-self. How can anyone judge another without first doing inventory on one's self?

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Creat an Aperture card...

Create an aperture card. This is a card that has a hole in the card front that allows you to see a part of the inside of the card...This is usually done by stamping the main image on the INSIDE of your card and cutting a hole in the center of the card front so you can see the image when the card is closed  (i stamped the sentiment inside and kept the main image out side)



PRIZE: $25 Gift Certificate

WEBSITE: http://mftstamps.com

This weeks sponsor is INCREDIBLY generous!  MFT offered everyone on the  Stamptacular Sunday Challenge  Design Team  FREE stamps to use in our challenge projects!!    I chose " Sitting Pretty." 
UNFORTUNATELY,  my digital camera is on the fritz!!  I had to SCAN (yuck!) my card  :(
I am not totally happy with this card to begin with (I could list a thousand reasons and excuses...) but a scanned image does NO project justice!!  

OH WELL...  here is my card:



3 comments:

Carmen O. said...

What a cute card Adria! Beautiful work. I love the image and that she is on the outside of the aperture.

I so agree that scanning does not do justice to cards. I've been debating about making a light box to use when photographing the cards.

Unknown said...

Hi Adria, I still hadn't had been able to pop in by and say hello and thanks for choosing me as this month's GDT .. can't tell you how happy I was about this :) .. Yes I also think that when you scan the card you lose a lot of its beauty, but trust me it's gorgeous, love the stsmping on the front and love your idea for the aperture with the sentiment on the inside. This was a first for me :)

KellyRae said...

The sweet little image is just perfect propped up on the edge of her 'window'. Oh my, I LOVE her little shoes. Hope your camera gets better soon.